Khorasan and strawberry cake

On Sunday I baked a delicious cake for breakfast using wholemeal Kamut flour.
This is one of my favourite kind of flour: I love its flavour especially when it's combined with fresh fruit and I really like its pale brown colour..
This recipe is very easy because you don't need a scale but only a glass...

Ingredients


           
Method

Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
Butter a 25 cm round cake tin and line with baking parchment.
Beat the egg yolks with sugar and lemon zest until pale and fluffy, then add the sifted flour, bicarbonate and cream of tartar a spoon a time. Continue to beat at low speed and slowly pour the oil and the yoghurt. Tip also the strawberries and stop the food processor.
In a separate bowl whip the egg whites until firm peaks form when the whisk is removed then, using a rubber spatula, add them to the batter mixing very gently.
Pour the batter in the tin and bake for about 40/45 minutes until a thin skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.

This cake is fantastic eaten on its own with a dusting of sugar and cinnamon.. but I can't help myself..when I bake a cake I HAVE to decorate it..so I blended 100 grams of strawberries with 2 tbsp of caster sugar and I poured the juice on the top of the cake, then I add some fresh strawberries, mint leaves and sugar paste roses :)